Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just Tatting.....

I have been trying to get a few things done for Mother's Day and have been making slow progress(mostly due to errors). I have made this cross before and my mother-in-law loved it and had requested I make one for her, so I thought this would be a good Mother's Day gift, but I messed up bad on 2 starts(I am sure it was the tv distraction again), but the 3rd time it got done(no tv, but plenty of music and silence). This is the Big Cross from Tatting Patterns & Designs by Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson. I have made a slight change in the top, I left off a ring at the top of the cross and didn't do chains to the clovers, just threads(my preference). The threads are size 10. Now I have at least 5 more to make, but only 1 needed by Sunday. :)

Next...the exciting news is I now have more HDT! This time it's LadyShuttleMaker's Peach Pandorea, and Tulips. The most interesting part is that I have worked mostly with size 10 thread and with the other HDT from Yarnplayer I have size 30 and 40, and now from LadyShuttleMaker I have size 20 and most concerning size 80. But they are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks to both HDT artists! :)


2 comments:

Paula C. said...

Your cross is beautiful! I purchased some thread from LadyShuttleMaker and one of them is a size 80. I have no idea what I will use it for just yet but I'm sure that just the right project will come along =)

Typstatting said...

That cross is really eye catching. Love the thread colours!