Friday, July 11, 2014

2014 25 Motif Challenge # 20 & # 21

I am still making crosses for each of the seniors in our Sunday night group.
This one is Garden Cross from Tatted Bookmarks Needle & Shuttle Edited by Barbara Foster.
It's tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Purple Iris Fusion.
 This second one is Helene from Tatted Bookmarks - cross-shaped by Lene Bjorn.  
It's tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Niagara Falls.
Both of these crosses were challenges to me.  The first one due to the fact that the center ring is tatted, then the outside, then fill in the the rest, and the tiny rings of 4 ds on each corner 
which wouldn't close properly for me.  I had tatted this cross in red and white first, but missed a ring completely and it wouldn't lay correctly at all when finished so I started over and succeeded this time!!  :)
This second cross has all spiral chains in it which was a problem for me.  I tried to make them, but they kept twisting up badly and I just couldn't get it done right, so... I started over and used 6 first half of ds, and then 6 second half of ds since the stitches were 12 count.  I think it looks similar.  Also, this thread challenged me due to the fact that while closing 2 of the rings the thread broke on me.  

12 comments:

Michelle said...

They look great! Spiral chains like I do on tassels? (Not the dream catchers but the others?) If it' sthe same, maybe I can help?

Jane McLellan said...

The agony doesn't show - they both look wonderful! I'm sure they'll be appreciated.

Unknown said...

Both crosses are beautiful!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I haven't tried either of those crosses yet, probably because they looked challenging! Yours are very pretty!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Michelle!! :) The spiral chains shouldn't be a problem, but they just keep twisting up on me and then I even tried holding the ball thread and letting the project and shuttle hang and unwind, but it just kept frustrating me and you have to do it with every little chain.
Thank you everyone!!! :)
Diane, they were both challenging, but I made it through them. :)

Madtatter80 said...

Wow the top is pretty like light rays in the center that is different I like!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Madtatter80!!! :)

Fox said...

Ah, a Tatter’s Burden!

You did good, Sue!

Both of these are lovely I am particularly drawn to the centre of the first one. Nice.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Fox!!! :)

muskaan said...

I Love Both of them - and especially the centres ! Each of the centres has a uniqueness about it. I'm glad you got through; each of these has now become a learning experience for the future, right ?
I hope to give these a try someday.

Sue, Josephine Chains (and rings) sometimes work more easily when doing the 2nd half stitch all through. Yes, the thread does tend to tangle a lot during the Josephines :-(

Jenn said...

Gorgeous crosses :). I must get back to my 25 Motif challenge :).

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!!! :) And thank you for the tips and encouragement!!! :)
Thank you Jenn!!! :) Yes, I can't wait to see what you do next!! :)