Monday, June 15, 2015

Fishing(no tatting)

We took our granddaughters fishing Saturday.  This top picture has both the girls in it.  On the right side of the picture is "Grandpa" holding the fish that came off the other guy in the back's pole(that's our friend).  The girls wanted to see it.   
 This picture is the youngest one scared to hold her TINY little fish on the line so I could get the picture.  They were upset because it was bleeding and Grandpa let some other fishermen use it for cut-bait so he was called "Mean Grandpa" for awhile there.  
We were only out for about 2 hours and my right forearm is now sunburned.  I tried tatting, but made too many mistakes and just put it aside so as not to ruin it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute fishing pictures. I used to be afraid of recenetly caught fish too because they wiggled around so much. I'm glad "Mean Grandpa" put that little fish to good use.

Madtatter80 said...

We all quickly forget how upsetting it is for little ones to realize that the fish have to become dinner :) you have very adorable grandchildren and looks like every thing else went well that day :)

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
As for fish becoming dinner.....not here(I don't care for fish). We just like the relaxation time and fun catching and releasing. :)

Jane McLellan said...

Oh, thanks for showing us the fishing photos, looks like fun!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm with your granddaughters, although I do enjoy fish for dinner! I will hold a pole, but I won't bait the hook or take the fish off. Someone else has to clean it, but I will cook and eat!

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
Diane, I too don't mind fishing, but someone else is baiting and removing the fish. :)