Saturday, November 14, 2015

4 Crosses done

This first cross is Bible Bookmark from Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns
 by Monica Hahn.
Tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Autumn Apple Pie.
Next are Traditional Crosses from Tatting Patterns by Lyn Morton.
The first is tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Sherbet Delight, the second Sky Blue Med.
The first with picots as in the diagram, the second without. 
Next is the Monica cross from Tatted Bookmarks-cross-shaped by Lene Bjorn.
Tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Green Coral Sea.
Believe it or not, all these crosses are just about exactly the same size.  I thought that was interesting coming from 3 different books.
And, I have been busy tatting on the doily for my mother-in-law and her husband.  There is still plenty to get done on it, but when I finish the round I am on I will get a picture and post it(that might not be happening till after Thanksgiving, but I am hoping by the end of  next week).
Have a happy tatting day!!!  :)

11 comments:

SWtrompeter said...

These are all beautiful! Love your color choices, too.

Fox said...

Pretty! Your stitches are SO consistent. A pleasure.

Ninetta said...

Lovely!

Madtatter80 said...

This a
Autumn apple pie is fabulous!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your crosses are always beautiful! I especially like the top and bottom ones.

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much everyone!!! :)

muskaan said...

The Mónica Hahn cross is great ! Did you make individual motifs, joining along ... or can it be done in one pass ?
Cute crosses :)))

Sally Kerson said...

Great to see such a variety of crosses, all so nicely tatted.
Also one of the Lizbeth colours which I had not seen tatted up Autumn Apple Pie. I see so many of them on the balls and the little butterfly they give for an example isn't quite enough to show the variation of the thread as it is tatted.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful crosses,
Margaret

Jane McLellan said...

Good work! I especially like the square looking one, quite unusual.

God's Kid said...

Thank you everyone!!! :)
muskaan, I tatted that cross in individual squares joining as I tatted each one. I wondered about tatting it in one pass, but I haven't learned how to do that yet.
Sally Kerson, I feel the same way about seeing colors on the ball(the Sherbet Delight is one, it just sits in my thread box cuz' when I look at it I think I don't like it, but when tatted I really like it).
Jane, I like the square looking cross as a good one to give to men(not quite lacy looking like some crosses).