Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Update on the doily I started as a secret gift....and another cross

Ok, here is the doily so far that was a secret tatting gift, and is now prayerfully going to get done in time to give to my mother-in-law and her hubby for Christmas.  I believe there are 3 more rounds-2 more easier white ones, and one more of the flower shaped navy blue round(which takes TIME).  There are mistakes throughout this, but I am praying they are not visible.  This first picture was taken with the flash.
 This second without the flash.
 And tonight I tatted another of Elaine P. Gan's Victory Cross.
This one is in size 40 Lizbeth Wildflower Garden(and just as small as the last-quarter sized).  
It's for another senior lady.
I am hoping to keep myself in as much tatting motion as possible to finish that doily on time!
Hope you have a wonderful tatting time!!!  :)

12 comments:

Cindy said...

Your doily looks great with and without the flash! It will be a wonderful gift. I'm still struggling to pull out my Spring Doily and finish it because I know it will take many hours :(

Madtatter80 said...

Oh you have a tree up already too! The doily looks great and will say little prayer you find time to finish :) The cross is good looking that is a nice design.

Unknown said...

Mistakes just prove that it was hand made with love. And well, critics need to find something to criticize. We would not want to disappoint them would we? It looks great so far. Keep up the good work!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Cindy!! :) I can't wait to see your Spring Doily!! :)
Thank you so much Madtatter80!!! Yes, we have our tree up and more than excited for Christmas!!! I can use all the prayers I can get!!! ;)
Thank you very much s loyd!!!

Bernice said...

Nice Doily and it looks like a good size too. Keep moving forward, all will be done in time.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely doily, hope you get it finished in time,
Beautiful cross, looks a small pattern and beautiful pattern
Margaret

Jane McLellan said...

Good luck! It's looking wonderful, I do hope you finish in time. The little cross is sweet.

God's Kid said...

Thank you all!! :) And thank you so much for the encouragement to get it done!! :)
Bernice, this is going to be a large doily tatted in size 10. I wanted something large because my in-laws have a large round table and I thought this would look wonderful on it!! :)

SWtrompeter said...

Ah, yes, the oh-so-familiar tatting until the very last minute on gifts. I'm doing it again this year, too. Hope you get all your gift tatting done with time to spare!

The cross looks lovely. Both doily pictures look great, too.

God's Kid said...

Hi SWtrompeter, thanks for the comment!!! :)
I actually started this doily in September, but I am hoping and already thinking about what I should tat for people for next year and I am planning on making a list as I decide and try to plan them out starting in January(this will happen as long as the world stays out of my way---not too likely to happen).

muskaan said...

A beautiful thoughtful gift(s) ! You will surely finish it in time & revel at the wonderment of the recipients :-)
Best wishes

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!!! :)