Monday, May 30, 2016

A last minute tatted Birthday gift

I found out a sweet senior friend had a birthday Friday.
Well...since her family claimed her for the day, I 
decided to work on a gift for her.
This is Yarnplayer's Newcastle Necklace from her 
book Tatted Jewelry.
It's tatted with her own size 40 HDT Tigereye
and size 40 Lizbeth black.  I have tiny black beads
added to the HDT tatting, and goldish bronzish
beads to the black tatting.  I wanted it to go well
with this beautiful glass heart I had.  The heart
looks like tiger stripes so I thought it was great
that the HDT was called Tigereye.
I only had 2 black jump rings and couldn't
find any at the store so I used these black
wires used for large beads to try and create
some homemade connectors(not great, but
I believe they will work).
 The tatting is a little light for the heart, but we will
figure something out.  I can't wait to see her face!!!
Have a fabulous weekend!!!  :)

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a pretty and thoughtful gift!

Michelle said...

She will love it! How pretty!

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :) She does love it! I only have to change the chain to make is sit right.

Jane McLellan said...

The thread works well with the heart to make a lovely gift!

Margarets designer cards said...

What a lovely necklace, I love the Murro glass heart, they are so pretty and goes well with the necklace.
Margaret

muskaan said...

Very pretty! The colourway is fabulous and perfectly complements the heart .

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so very much!!! :) The birthday lady loves it!!! :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

A gift from your heart as well as your hands. Perfect!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Eliz!!! :)