Monday, May 2, 2016

Another round of the "hide & seek" doily completed

Ok....for as simple as this doily should be there are
a few structural challenges for me(mainly the clover rounds
which seem to be tight), but the biggest challenge is my
hubby.  He is a truck driver so he is usually gone a lot, but
his new job is not keeping him busy so money is low, but
that isn't my problem.....my problem is that he is home and
I can't get time to work on this doily with him here!!!
So.....since I knew he is out for at least 4 hours today
I finished this round which has taken far longer than 
it should have.  I believe there are 2 or 3 more rounds
to completion, and a ton of blocking!!!!
It's already over 15 inches across.
Next, I was playing this weekend with size 3 thread.
The pattern is Carnival from Mary Konior's Tatting with
Visual Patterns.  The thread is Pretty as a Rainbow HDT from CustomCottonEtc.
Here is a size comparison with a size 100
 Rainbow Bright HDT from Tatskool,Carnival motif, 
which was tatted years ago.
The smaller one has better color in this picture.
And this picture shows the colors in the larger one better.
I also started a spinning wheel glass mat, but I know there
is not enough thread to complete it so...It's just a very large
doodle.  :)  Maybe I will show the picture later.
Have a wonderful day and may tatting fill a space in it!!!  :)

8 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Hope you get a chance to work on hide and seek, that there's not too much hiding to be able to get the job done! Interesting how the different thread sizes affect the look of the motif. I rather like the bold look.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on another round on the doily. It's nice to see the progress on this one, even if it is frustrating to you! :) On the rainbow motifs (which are very cute) isn't it funny how different photos come out so differently?

God's Kid said...

Thank you both very much!!! :)
Jane, I do like the bold look sometime, and the lacier look other times. :)
Sarah, photography is not my specialty so I seem to get different photos even if I take them in the same place back to back. :)

Fox said...

I LOVE Carnival! Such a great pattern and it looks wonderful in the colourful thread.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Fox!!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love watching the progress on your Hide-and-Seek doily! My husband loves looking at my completed pieces, but he seems pretty oblivious to my works-in-progress. Good luck finding more tatting time!

Ninetta said...

Hope you get the doily finished soon, so your husband can enjoy it! It's nice to see the same motif tatted in "daddy-and-son" threads!

God's Kid said...

Thank you both very much!!! :)