Saturday, December 10, 2016

A Snowflake for physical therapy

This is called Snowflake based on Heart Doily-
pattern here:
It's tatted in size 20 Lizbeth Christmas Delight.
I think there might be an error in the pattern on the 
final part, but I will have to tat it again to know for sure.
As for the physical therapy part...last Sunday night 
I fell on the ice at the end of our driveway.  I have 
been telling everyone that I am talented and I can 
move at lightening speed, and I don't ever want to 
do it again!!!  I fell on my left thigh and it's very 
colorful now and somewhat painful, and I took the 
skin on my right hand middle and ring fingers. I 
can't bend my fingers all the way closed to make 
a fist, so I am hoping that tatting time will work 
them into healing while the skin heals.
Have a wonderful tatting time!!! :)

12 comments:

muskaan said...

Hopefully all injuries are superficial and you heal soon. Stay warm, stay tatting :-)

Jane McLellan said...

That's a lovely pattern, and very Christmassy in those colours! So sorry to hear of your fall, that's not good. I hope you'll soon be completely over it!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ouch! I hope you heal quickly! I know you have lots of tatting to complete. The snowflake looks wonderful!

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear that you are hurt! Get better soon! Fun snowflake!

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so very, very much!!! :)

Fox said...

Ouch! Sounds as if you took on my particular talent! Tat instead and heal quickly! ❤️

God's Kid said...

Fox, I sure hope you don't fall!!! :) Thank you very much!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Oh my goodness! So very sorry to hear this! I wince when I hear about falls on ice because 14 years ago I broke both wrists while being on the ice 'on purpose' while ice skating (at 58 years of age!) and trying to skate backwards, which I never had mastered in my youth but was determined to accomplish! Well, I never did achieve that goal, but was lucky I didn't need an operation (for which I was extremely grateful). I'm so glad you didn't break anything, but it sounds scary and painful! I wasn't able to tat for a good while, so at least tatting might help you recover!

God's Kid said...

Oh Kathy! That sounds horrible!!! I guess you are a pretty determined person! I am somewhat too-did a cartwheel at around 40yrs. old, because I had to prove I could still do it-it took two times due to a cyst in my wrist that wouldn't let my wrist flex enough, but I did it. I do believe the tatting and sewing in ends is helping! Thank you for your comment!! :)

Ninetta said...

So sorry to read this, I wish you a fast recovery dear Sue. Lovely motif, green and red are such great xmas' colors, I love them with gold, but in my case I'd rather not put the white in between, lol lol it reminds me the italian flag :-)

SWtrompeter said...

Sounds painful! I hope your injuries heal very quickly.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
Ninetta, the gold sounds beautiful and I will have to try some! :)
SWtrompeter, I am healing and very thankful for that!!! :)