Monday, December 12, 2016

Possible treasure

This book was given to me last night
by one of our Sunday night seniors. 
She has given me some threads which 
are older, but she is a smoker and they 
are all dingy looking so I am just going 
to give the threads away, but I saw this 
and found several tatted edging patterns 
in it.  It has a copywrite date of 1963.
The tatted edging are all beautiful and 
I hope to have some time next year to 
work on some.
Believe it or not, this book is only 
a little larger than the size of my hand.
Have a wonderful day and happy tatting!!

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I believe I used to have that book! I hope you have fun with it!

God's Kid said...

Thanks! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Ooh, that's an interesting gift. Could you wash the thread?

God's Kid said...

Jane, I don't know how I would wash that thread, but it's ok I have plenty of thread!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

If I needed to wash the thread I woukd skein it in small bundles and then wash in warm soapy water, rinse and hang up to dry.
Looks an interesting book, look forward to seeing your new edgings in time from the book

God's Kid said...

Thank you for the comment and advice Margaret!! :)
I really want to "play" with some of the designs, but I have many "goals" I want to try and accomplish already. :)

Bernice said...

Cute little book. I look forward to your tatting from it.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Bernice!! :)