Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Very Large Tatted Snowman Suncatcher

Sunday afternoon and night we got snow!!!!
 I love the look of the bushy tree thing covered in 
snow.
 We have 2 pine trees on each side of our mobile 
home and the amaze me when the branches hold so 
much snow.
 To get the snow started I spent Sunday morning 
stringing my tatting into this wire snowman 
frame to create my first very large suncatcher. 
And just so everyone knows, this one is MINE!
 I got this wire frame snowman(which is actually 
a Christmas card holder), many years ago hoping 
to add tatting and make him a fabulous one of 
a kind giant suncatcher.
 I took these pictures today and you can 
see that most of the snow is gone, but 
they are saying this weekend there is 
a lot more on the way(up to a foot).
 I tatted this from the Exquisite Luncheon Set on pg. 30 
of the book Tatting Doilies & Edgings edited by Rita Weiss.
It's only the center and I added clear beads to 
to each ring, and then strung it to the wire 
frame with large clear beads for more sparkle.
 I plan on adding tatting to the scarf area,
 and to the cheeks, and tatting to the hat, 
but at least this much if finally done for 
this year.  It's as large as a whole 
regular size window(top or bottom 
section of the window).
This is just so you can see more of the 
snowman!!!  :)
Have a wonderful day and hopefully 
some tatting time too!!!!!  :)

11 comments:

Bernice said...

That Snowman is fantastic, very creative. You have much more snow than us, we have some but now bitterly cold for the week. I'm told too cold to snow.

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Bernice!!! :)
We have much colder temperatures coming in the next 2 days and then about a week of snow is possible and maybe up to 12 inches(this was only 3 inches). :) Try to stay warm!!!

Fox said...

Yes, very creative! 😊

muskaan said...

Wow, what a clever idea & so 'sparklingly' executed !
Eager to see how you do the other embellishments :-)

God's Kid said...

Thank you both so very, very much!!! :)
muskaan, I have thought about the other embellishments for a long time now and I know what I want, I just need more time and supplies to finish(maybe next year!). :)

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, that's amazing! Such a novel idea. Love the sparkles added. Good job!!

Marilee Rockley said...

Wow, what a great snowman idea! Your beautiful doily and the snowman frame are perfect together.

SWtrompeter said...

The snowman looks wonderful already. It will be truly spectacular when it is finished the way you have planned. Send some of that snow my way, please. We don't get much of it around here, and I am really 'craving' snow this year.
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so very, very much!!! :)
SWtrompeter, I will try to send some your way. I love the snow, but I am also willing to share! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love that snowman!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Diane!!! :)